Having good intentions when working in relief and development is required, but is not enough on its own. The needs of the target community should be taken into account, as well as, the quality of the company’s involvement for the project to achieve success. Quality, however, is a broad term. Standards for quality assessment need to be laid out in order for companies to surpass their competitors. Relief and development organizations need to realize their approach for setting quality standards or adhere to globally accepted standards in the industry.
‘Quality Assurance for Development Projects’ is addressed in this comprehensive, ‘research-based’ Course. Attendees will enhance their performance in the development industry, through time-tested techniques imparted in this program.
This Course will provide you with:
- Rural development biases
- The ability to define ‘quality’
- Quality measurement tools and techniques
- Tools to set quality standards
- Tools for carrying out quality-based management
- The concept of Total Quality for development projects
- Aspects of quality improvement
Who Should Attend
Leaders in managerial or supervisory roles who work on development projects are invited to join this practical workshop. These include NGO directors, CEOs, board members, enterprise owners and project managers. Any person who is responsible for quality assurance within their organization will gain valuable knowledge on effective management techniques.
- Principles of relief and development work
- Definition of quality
- Applying quality in development
- Challenges in quality management
- Communicating about quality
- Defining standards
- Set your own standards
- Financial management for rural enterprise
- Tools for quality assessment and management
- Action plans for quality management
- Resources for quality management
- Stakeholder involvement and communicating your quality management practice
- Ranking and scoring
- Analysis of quality assessment data
- Integrating total quality concept in development
- Direct observation
- Using secondary sources
- Interview guides and checklist development
- Continuous quality control and management
- Participatory practices for quality assurance
- Working with resource limited and insecure areas
- International examples from other industries
Fees for this training course includes:
Course Fee does not cover
What Participants Receive?
If you require support in managing your trip to the course destination, we can provide you with information or arrangement. Travel management will be done by third party service providers and any discount will not apply on travel expenses.
This quiz is for logged in users only.