Human behavior can be influenced by many factors including situational context and a person’s individual comprehension and perspective of the world around them. These factors can make management and interaction with some people more difficult than others and it is inevitable that leaders have to deal with these situations. Interaction with difficult people can create stress, a decrease in productivity and even a reluctance for certain team members to arrive at work.
This ‘research-based’ Course provides proven principles for dealing with and managing a variety of people effectively, including difficult personalities. Inclusive, influential communication techniques are also taught in this extensive program.
This Course will provide you with:
- An understanding of why people are different
- Patterns in Human behavior and varying personalities
- An understanding of why people can become difficult to transact with
- Tools to avoid manipulation by difficult people
- The confidence to interact and manage a variety of people
- The skills to effectively apply conflict resolution methods
- Techniques to de-escalate situations through tactful word choice
- Techniques to give criticism adequately
- The ability to apply assertiveness and see the results immediately
Who Should Attend
Successful leaders should have great communication skills and conflict resolution techniques for dealing with difficult employees and colleagues. Leaders and aspiring leaders alike will profit from attending this comprehensive Course. These include HR managers, team leaders, retail managers, educators, business owners and customer service representatives. Even freelancers and consultants stand to profit from learning and practicing the skills imparted in this extensive program.
- Pre-training quiz – Click here to try it for free
- Human behavior and comprehension
- Communication challenges with different people
- Establish clear understanding
- Who can be labeled as difficult people
- Cultural diversities affecting comprehension and reaction
- The Perception Divide – why it makes positive outcomes difficult for you
- The Communication Process
- Barriers to communication
- Choice and Control
- Emotional Intelligence
- What are the causes of difficult behavior.
- Developing Trust
- Gaining Rapport
- What is challenging behavior.
- Outcome Thinking
- Listening for understanding
- Questioning for Specifics
- Influencing Framework
- Strategies for responding to different behavior styles.
- Appreciating the impact of the different styles of behavior on each other
- Post-training quiz – Click here to try it for free
Course Fees vary based on location, topic and dates of the course. Please contact us to get details. Standard course fee includes:
Course Fee does not cover
What Participants Receive?
If you require support in managing your trip to the course destination, we can provide you with information or arrangement. Travel management will be done by third party service providers and any discount will not apply on travel expenses.