Procurement has become harder with online strategies becoming more prevalent and the increasing numbers of SMEs offering competitive services and products. It is only through procurement that a company can really rely on vendors and service providers. Small ambiguous details can become problematic for both parties, and it is therefore essential that the nature of the business is discussed from the start. This includes the delivery of services and goods on the vendor’s end, as well as, the monitoring and evaluation thereof on the client’s end.
This comprehensive Course offers ‘research-based’ principles for managers in tendering departments. The program includes information on how to develop and manage procurement strategies, as well as the principles of tendering effectively. It will be a benefit to any leader wishing to improve their performance in this field.
This Course will provide you with:
- The tools to conduct needs assessments
- An understanding of the difference between in-house hiring and outsourcing
- The skills to develop successful bids
- The knowledge of legal structures dealing with procurements
- An understanding of the tendering process including award of contract
- Vendor management tools for monitoring and assessment
- Control principles of vendor delivery in terms of services and goods
- The ability to relate costs to milestones
- Management skills in asset and procurement output
- The skills to develop continuous learning tendencies for performance enhancement
Who Should Attend
Suited to anyone looking to enhance their procurement skills for personal or business growth, including planning, creation, implementation, receipt and evaluation of tenders. This Course is ideal for procurement and non-procurement professionals, as well as, any person wishing to increase their knowledge in this field.
- Critical Supply Strategies
- Needs assessment and task development
- Initiation of a Request for Goods/Services/Works
- Work Analysis – what to ask the vendor for?
- Stages in Tendering Process
- Elements of a good Procurement & Competitive Bidding Process
- Selecting the Right Contracting Strategy
- Negotiating with Short-listed Suppliers
- Transforming the Supplier Relationship
- Defining the Organization’s Mission in building Supplier Relationship
- How to be a Good Customer
- The Difference between SRM and Collaboration
- Shrinking the Supply Base
- The Negotiation Process
- Contract award
- Communication Techniques
- New Techniques in Influencing
- Managing contractors and monitoring quality and timeliness
- Negotiating Pressure Points and Countermeasures
- Attract and Retain Procurement Management Talent
- Services/Goods delivery verification and milestone payments
- Asset management
- Sustainability of procurement output
- Ways that Procurement can Improve Organization’s Finances
Fees for this training course includes:
Course Fee does not cover
What Participants Receive?
If you require support in managing your trip to the course destination, we can provide you with information or arrangement. Travel management will be done by third party service providers and any discount will not apply on travel expenses.
This quiz is for logged in users only.