Warehousing operations are at the heart of the supply chain of any organization. The ability to secure the storage and flow of supplies with an eye on balancing costs with desired service levels provides a formidable challenge to the warehousing professional.
In this course, we describe the strategic role of warehousing in the broader context of supply chain management and logistics. We also detail the different warehousing activities and focus on the ones which warehousing can contribute to, in the organization. In addition, we examine the operational and financial performance aspect of warehousing, with an eye on sustainability.
This Course will provide you with:
- Recognize sustainable warehousing techniques and practices
- Describe the strategic role of warehouses in the supply chain
- Identify different warehousing configurations and value adding activities
- Develop key performance indicators and benchmark warehouse performance
- Outline the cost and revenue aspects of warehousing
- Profile and optimize warehousing activities
Who Should Attend
- The course is perfect for those seeking to complement their warehousing experience with the latest theoretical knowledge in preparation for assuming higher positions in their respective organizations.
- Supply chain overview
- The role of warehouses
- Types of warehouses
- Private warehousing
- Public warehousing
- Contract warehousing
- Customer order profiling
- Item activity profiling
- Inventory profiling
- Activity relationship profiling
- Warehousing equipment and tools
- Warehousing echelons
- Warehouse design
- Value adding activities
- Stockpiling, spot stocking and assortments
- Warehousing KPIs
- Benchmarking warehousing operations
- Warehouse performance gap identification
- Continuous improvement in operations
- Warehouse cost calculations
- Capital costs
- Operating costs
- Handling and storage costs
- Investment analysis
Fees for this training course includes:
Course Fee does not cover
What Participants Receive?
If you require support in managing your trip to the course destination, we can provide you with information or arrangement. Travel management will be done by third party service providers and any discount will not apply on travel expenses.