In simple words, social protection is a subset of public actions that help address risk, vulnerability and chronic poverty. While social protection has proven to improve livelihoods, social transfers and social services are a long-term investment. Social studies prove that they carry lifetime benefits and high individual and social returns. Social protection aims at ensuring groups and individuals to live a fulfilling life. This requires governments to facilitate the process considering the vulnerabilities of particular groups or individuals.
For organizations to provide relief and development services, it is very important to maintain regular monitoring and evaluation. This is particularly important for organizational learning and organizational policy feed. Often, learning through M&E also help contributing to major development programs improvement.
This training will help you to learn:
• Understand social protection concept for development
• Define stakeholder responsibilities and coordinated social protection programming
• Define social protection project cycle management
• Identify cash transfer approaches and methods for social protection
• Understand the organizational contexts within which PM&E is implemented
• Develop monitoring and evaluation plans in a more participatory manner
• Describe practical and participatory tools for tracking project or program development and assessing outcomes
• Identify ways to improve on their current practices in monitoring and evaluation
Who should attend?
This course is not useful, but necessary for any level of NGO management, team leaders,
NGO directors, CEOs, business owners, and project manager. It also helps Consultants and freelancers.
• Mainstreaming social protection
• Response to social exclusion
• Cash transfers in emergencies
• In-kind transfers
• The politics of social protection
• The global financial crisis
• Social protection and poverty
• Cash transfers
• Introduction to M&E
• Importance of Monitoring and Evaluation
• Components of a Monitoring and Evaluation Framework
• Proper use of M&E in development projects/programs
• Participatory Monitoring and Evaluation Frameworks
• Logical Framework
• Strategic Framework
• Logical Framework Matrix and its content
• Project Goal and Objectives
• Indicators, Source/Means of Verification
• Practical Work on Project Scenarios
• Using LFA for project M&E
Fees for this training course includes:
Course Fee does not cover
What Participants Receive?
If you require support in managing your trip to the course destination, we can provide you with information or arrangement. Travel management will be done by third party service providers and any discount will not apply on travel expenses.
This quiz is for logged in users only.