There has been a significant increase in the number of public-private partnerships. The World Bank believes ” Public-private partnerships (PPPs) can be a tool to get more quality infrastructure services to more people. When designed well and implemented in a balanced regulatory environment, PPPs can bring greater efficiency and sustainability to the provision of public services such as energy, transport, telecommunications, water, healthcare, and education. PPPs can also allow for better allocation of risk between public and private entities”. Involvement of the private sector has produced better results in sustainable development. Governments across the globe have made greater use of PPP arrangements in recent times. These partnerships, mostly, produce excellent results for both parties and can have significance for long-term economic growth. The theme of sharing risks for long-term development is common in these ventures.
This Course addresses the need of PPPs to have qualified, motivated and competent managers take the lead. Managers will enhance their capabilities for PPP excellence through this program and will gain valuable techniques and tools to preserve successful partnerships.
This Course will provide you with:
- The ability to define PPP program scopes
- Skills to plan PPP programs methodically
- PPP regulations and the implications thereof
- Tools to conduct feasibility studies prior to commencement and evaluate the results
- PPP financing principles
- Private partner involvement for financial growth
- Procurement and bidding techniques for PPPs
- The tools to manage PPP contracts
Who Should Attend
This Course is valuable to professionals at all levels who would like to increase their PPP managing skills. Any person who would like to gain more knowledge on these types of partnerships will profit from attending this extensive program.
- Pre-test quiz: try it for free here
- Background of PPPs
- Common types of PPPs Successful models
- New developments in PPPs
- Out-put based aid
- Feasibility studies to design PPPs
- Cost-benefit calculation and value for money
- Criteria for screening projects Planning for and managing risks in PPP
- Engaging consultants to assist with the PPP process
- Models of financing PPPs
- Challenges in financing PPPs
- The shareholders management in PPPs
- Considerations for donor-financed projects
- Successful models of procurement for PPPs
- Bidding for PPPs and bid evaluation criteria
- Ensuring transparency in the procurement of PPPs
- Stakeholders’ management in PPP procurement and contracting
- PPP Contract Management, Monitoring and Evaluation
- Arbitration management in PPPs
- Managing economic values of PPPs
- Learning cycle from PPPs and policy support
Course Fees vary based on location, topic and dates of the course. Please contact us to get details. Standard course fee includes:
Course Fee does not cover
What Participants Receive?
If you require support in managing your trip to the course destination, we can provide you with information or arrangement. Travel management will be done by third party service providers and any discount will not apply on travel expenses.
There are no reviews yet.