Various factors can motivate employees and employers to enhance their performance, including financial gain and incentives. The possibility of winning drives teams to be highly motivated in their work efforts. While organizations in the relief and development sphere are not solely after profit or competing with the market, they still need to know how to keep their staff motivated and ensure they deliver the best service.
This engaging Course offers the skills needed by development employees and managers to effectively conduct incentive-based and other motivational programs, to make sure that the results of their projects are maximized for community development.
This Course will provide you with:
- The leadership principles needed for non-profit teams
- The missions and visions of NPOs
- The skills to lead and develop a following that adopts your vision
- An understanding of inadequate leadership styles
- The ability to govern and delegate responsibility to your team
- An understanding of the role of board members, executive teams and field managers
- Skills to apply macro-level wisdom to micro-level growth
- The tools needed to connect donors with recipients
Who Should Attend
Members working for relief and development organizations, especially NPOs, will find the organizational skills and understanding gained in this training Course indispensable. These members include team leaders, NGO directors, CEOs, enterprise owners, as well as, consultants and freelancers.
- Vision, Mission Statement and Values
- Leadership basics
- Managers who lead
- Leadership myths
- Conflict management
- Managing diversities in teams
- Supervision and controlling roles of a leader
- Motivating people
- Why should people support you
- Managing challenging people with strong communication
- Becoming role model for followers
- Communicating to motivate team members
- HR management with leadership roles
- Corporate structure of non-profit organization
- Board members and their responsibilities
- Leadership roles of board members
- Managers and executive team and their roles
- For profit concepts to learn from
- Transparency and communication with stakeholders
- Change management for board members and senior executives
- Promotion of ethics through self-development
Course Fees vary based on location, topic and dates of the course. Please contact us to get details. Standard course fee includes:
Course Fee does not cover
What Participants Receive?
If you require support in managing your trip to the course destination, we can provide you with information or arrangement. Travel management will be done by third party service providers and any discount will not apply on travel expenses.