Frequent practices of involvement are essential for relief and development organizations offering their services in communities. Monitoring and evaluating are vital processes to this ongoing involvement and can verify that projects progress actively and have the greatest possible impact on community development.
The skills needed to ensure that community projects are successfully conducted are presented in this Course through proven ‘research-based’ principles.
This Course will provide you with:
- An understanding of the environment and practical implementation of PM&E
- The skills to develop plans for monitoring and evaluation in a more participatory way within a community
- The ability to boost and support PM&E systems for your projects, programs and organization
- Practical skills for tracking a programs progression relating to participation and the ability to interpret the results
- Keys to identify and develop current procedures used to monitor and evaluate community development.
Who Should Attend
All levels of management involved in community programs, including team leaders, NGO and NPO directors, enterprise owners and project managers, will gain useful practical skills through this Course. Any person wanting to better their understanding in this field is also welcome to join, including consultants and freelancers.
- Introduction to PM&E
- Importance of Monitoring and Evaluation
- Components of a Monitoring and Evaluation Framework
- Stakeholder management
- Community PM&E Forums
- Participatory Monitoring and Evaluation Frameworks
- Logical Framework
- Strategic Framework
- Logical Framework Matrix and its content
- Project Goal and Objectives
- Participatory Monitoring and Evaluation Indicators
- Indicators, Source/Means of Verification
- Practical Work on Project Scenarios
- Using LFA for project PM&E
- Participatory Monitoring and Evaluation Plans
- Developing PM&E Plans
- Mainstreaming PM&E Plans with Project Plans
- Implementing PM&E Plans
- The Use of Feedback from PM&E
- Data Collection
- Data Management
- Data Analysis
- Communicating Results
- Utilization of Results in Project Planning
- The proper use of LFA in participatory monitoring and evaluation
Course Fees vary based on location, topic and dates of the course. Please contact us to get details. Standard course fee includes:
Course Fee does not cover
What Participants Receive?
If you require support in managing your trip to the course destination, we can provide you with information or arrangement. Travel management will be done by third party service providers and any discount will not apply on travel expenses.