When organizing relief and development programs for a community, it is vital to accurately determine the needs of that community. Systematic assessments that are participation-driven are the best way to successfully determine those needs and subsequently design the program for development.
This course offers the skills needed by development professionals and managers to effectively conduct assessments in a community, ensuring that proper planning and implementation can be achieved.
This course will provide you with:
- Known rural development biases
- The difference between PRA and RRA
- Adequate PRA principles and techniques
- The skills to analyze participatory problems that may arise
- The ability to plan participatory programs
Who Should Attend
Members of organizations working in relief and development will find the skills and understanding gained in this training Course indispensable. These members include team leaders, NGO directors, CEOs, enterprise owners, as well as, consultants and freelancers.
- Principles of Community Assessment
- Stakeholder management
- Biases of rural development
- Shortcoming (defects) of questionnaire methods
- Comparison of PRA and RRA
- PRA principles and features
- Three pillars of PRA
- Methods and role reversals
- Scope of PRA and types of PRA
- PRA Techniques
- Maps and Models – Diagrams
- Community Sketch Maps
- Time related data analysis
- Ranking and scoring
- Semi structured interviews (SSI)
- Direct observation
- Using secondary sources
- Interview guides and checklist development
- Steps in participatory planning
- Guidelines for Analyzing PRA findings
- PRA are good for
- PRA is not very useful for
Course Fees vary based on location, topic and dates of the course. Please contact us to get details. Standard course fee includes:
Course Fee does not cover
What Participants Receive?
If you require support in managing your trip to the course destination, we can provide you with information or arrangement. Travel management will be done by third party service providers and any discount will not apply on travel expenses.