Comprehension is essential to communication, and communication essential to any work environment. Many factors affect the way in which a message is received; the way a person communicates, the medium of communication, as well as, our own ‘filters’ used to interpret the message. Without proper communication, the message can be lost or misunderstood.
This Course is ‘behavioral’ and ‘research-based’ and provides tested approaches to communicate effectively with a variety of people by understanding their respective communication profiles.
This Course will provide you with:
- Challenging instances of business communication
- An understanding of your personal style of communication
- The ability to recognize typical communication forms
- An understanding and appreciation of why people communicate differently
- The skills needed to discern fears, concerns and expectations of others, as well as, consider your own strengths and weakness in communication
- Tools needed to recognize when another’s conduct is improper or may stand a chance to be misconceived
- Strategies to modify conduct for improved communication skills
- The keys to handle stress appropriately in critical situations
- The correct approach of declining proposals – How to say ‘No’ properly
- Practical examples of why listening is a means to understanding, not just responding
Who Should Attend
Most, if not all, successful leaders have great communication skills. Leaders, as well as, aspiring leaders in all fields will gain from attending this comprehensive Course. These include managers, team leaders, business owners and CEOs. Even freelancers and consultants stand to profit from learning and practicing the skills taught in this program.
- Communication challenges in business
- Your personal ‘blue print’ for change
- Interpersonal strengths and weaknesses
- Why communication is so important
- Verbal vs. non-verbal communication
- People I Prefer to Work With
- Discover Four Styles of Behavior and Explore the General
Preferences of Your Style
- Introduction to the Styles
- Discover Your Style
- Understand How Others Interpret Your Behavior
- Reactions to the Styles
- Acting on Others’ Perceptions
- Learn How to Adapt Your Communication to Different Styles
- Ineffective Communication
- Keys for Relating to the Styles
- Effective Communication
- Why active listening skills are crucial
- Managing cultural diversity in communication
- Overcoming communication barriers in the workplace
- Sandwich Type Feedback
Fees for this training course includes:
Course Fee does not cover
What Participants Receive?
If you require support in managing your trip to the course destination, we can provide you with information or arrangement. Travel management will be done by third party service providers and any discount will not apply on travel expenses.