Most of the focus in relief and development planning is on the goal and the means to achieve that goal. While this is valuable and crucial, it is the ‘Why?’ of the project that will determine the outcome of the project. Leaders who have the correct approach to this question will promote each project’s success and ultimately contribute to the goal of their organization.
This Course will aid managers and leaders working in development and relief fields to effectively plan and budget for their projects. The principles imparted in this comprehensive program will facilitate improvements in performance and the overall success of projects.
This Course will provide you with:
- Known rural development biases
- Approaches to actively involve stakeholders
- Problem Tree principles – identify and deal with needs and problems in social development projects
- Objective Tree principles – set SMART goals
- The definition and practical use of LFA
- The contribution of PCM in the goal-setting
Who Should Attend
All attendees, by participating in this Course, will gain hands-on skills and knowledge for conducting projects within communities. These skills include ‘Project Planning and Budgeting’. NGO and NPO management, CEOs, enterprise owners and project managers all stand to enhance their existing techniques for successful project implementation within the development and relief arena. Freelancers, consultants and individuals wishing to increase their understanding in this field are welcome to join.
- Definition of a problem/need in relief and development
- Biases of rural development
- The cause and effect identification techniques
- The problem tree
- Using identified problems to set objectives
- SMART Objectives
- The Objective Tree
- Project Goal and Objectives
- The LFA
- Using LFA for project planning
- Logical Framework Matrix and its content
- Intervention Logic
- Indicators, Source/Means of Verification
- Practical Work on cases and scenarios
- Cost estimation and Pre-conditions for a project
- Group Presentation on Project Cases
- The proper use of LFA for project/program evaluation
Fees for this training course includes:
Course Fee does not cover
What Participants Receive?
If you require support in managing your trip to the course destination, we can provide you with information or arrangement. Travel management will be done by third party service providers and any discount will not apply on travel expenses.
This form is for logged in users only.