Teams can be greatly assisted by managerial supervision that is supportive and empowering. This supervision, if adequate and conducted competently, strengthen team members’ capabilities and enhance performance. Managers, however, may have great intentions to supervise their teams properly but lack mastery of techniques and tools that will allow them to do so.
The principles address in this program will help project managers and leaders enhance their supervisory skills. Fundamental skills, such as monitoring and evaluation techniques, are also taught in this comprehensive Course.
This Course will provide you with:
- The notion that control is the main duty of management
- The difference between supervision and other methods of control
- An understanding of why supervision is a tool for mentoring and coaching
- The skills to set up performance and technical-related guidelines
- Skills needed to carry out supervisory mechanisms that are practical and relevant
- The role of the project manager as a supervisor
- Principles of continuous learning and tools for improvement in quality and performance
Who Should Attend
Leaders from all business fields are welcome to attend this extensive training, especially those involved in project management. Managers, supervisors, officers and consultants alike will gain skills to effectively manage teams of people with the desired outcomes.
- Introduction to control function of management
- Supervision and its difference from other control mechanisms
- Importance of supervision
- Steps in supervision
- Planning for supervisory role of a project manager
- Tools for supervision in a project management context
- Relating supervision to mentoring, coaching and development
- Project Goal and Objectives
- Designing tools for supervision
- Communication skills for supervision
- Constructive Feedback use in supervision
- Supervision of different types of people
- Supervision of contractors and freelancers
- Active listening and its importance in supervision
- The cause and effect approach for fact finding
- Do not fix something that is not broken
- The level of autonomy for supervisees
- The art of delegation
- Relating performance to goals
- Different factors of human character
- Working with difficult people
- Utilization of Results in Project Planning
- Continuous quality improvement using monitoring
Course Fees vary based on location, topic and dates of the course. Please contact us to get details. Standard course fee includes:
Course Fee does not cover
What Participants Receive?
If you require support in managing your trip to the course destination, we can provide you with information or arrangement. Travel management will be done by third party service providers and any discount will not apply on travel expenses.
There are no reviews yet.