Whether it is to compile project proposals, develop new business relationships or nurture existing ones, competent written communication is a vital skill for any leader in relief and development organizations. A crucial part of this is having the skills to write overt, concise, focused and compelling content. In order to grab their target audiences’ attention and persuade them to follow their vision, leaders need to be equipped with business writing skills for emails, reports, proposals and other business documents.
This practical training Course will help leaders develop impressive and professional business writing skills.
This Course will provide you with:
- The ability to identify the data needed for report writing
- The tools to improve personal report writing techniques
- The 7 ‘C’s’ in business writing
- Correct reporting approaches for various scenarios
- The best ways to include visual elements in report writing
- Content management for report writing coherence
Who Should Attend
This Course addresses business writing skills that are crucial for relief and development leaders to have today. CEOs, SME owners, managers and even freelancers need excellent communication skills to further their careers and support a high level of performance.
- Why Reports
- Types of Reports
- Planning for Report writing
- Gathering Information
- Preparing a work plan for the report(Group/Individual Activity)
- Planning Informative Reports
- Organizational Strategies for Information Reports
- Planning Analytical Reports
- Organizational strategies for analytical reports
- Drafting report content
- Report Introduction and body
- Using technology to craft reports
- Placing Graphics in the Report
- Constructing textual graphics
- Some general types of Short Reports
- The direct and indirect approach to writing
- The 7 C’s in writing
- The “YOU” approach in practice
- The art of proofreading
- Packaging ethics for reports
- Post submission follow up
Fees for this training course includes:
Course Fee does not cover
What Participants Receive?
If you require support in managing your trip to the course destination, we can provide you with information or arrangement. Travel management will be done by third party service providers and any discount will not apply on travel expenses.
This form is for logged in users only.