In the technology era teams are working from around the world rather than down the hall or elsewhere in the same building. It allows organizations to benefit from skilled workforce with real-time coordination. The Covid-19 brought up an essence for organizations to be able to work remotely (mainly from their homes). Today’s technology makes it possible for leaders to source talent from multiple locations and create what are called virtual teams. Members of virtual teams rely significantly on media and technology such as email, instant messaging, discussion boards, shared desktops, conference calls, etc. to accomplish their work.
This program is designed to help organizations how to effectively manage virtual teams. It allows your team to contribute to the sustainability of your work while staying safe. It also helps leaders adopt the set of skills on how to catalyze effectiveness and productivity of the whole virtual team, from project inception through project completion.
This course will provide you with:
- Setting up a virtual workspace
- Choosing technology for supporting virtual work
- A managerial perspective of work motives in a virtual team
- An understanding of behavioral factors that influence interaction with virtual team members and colleagues
- Principles of virtual team job enhancement
- The manager’s role in motivation for performance in a virtual team
- Managing communication in a virtual team
- Avoiding and resolving conflicts in a virtual team
- Adjusting KPI’s for remote team management
Who Should Attend
Leaders in managerial or supervisory roles are invited to join this practical ‘research-based’ workshop. Any person who organizes and controls the functioning of a team will gain valuable knowledge on effective management techniques.
- What are virtual teams
- The human factor in management of virtual teams
- Considering motivation in virtual teams formation
- Define the needs of virtual workers
- Virtual workspace challenges
- Trust and control management in virtual teams
- Communication techniques in a virtual team leadership
- Managing data privacy
- conflict resolution/management in a virtually managed team
- Principles of virtual performance management
- Job enrichment strategies in a virtual team
- Manager‟s role to support members of a virtual team
- Applying the GROW Model with a virtual team
- Managing diversity in a virtual team
- Difficult circumstances and team crisis management
- Promoting organizational culture with a virtual team
Course Fees vary based on location, topic and dates of the course. Please contact us to get details. Standard course fee includes:
Course Fee does not cover
What Participants Receive?
If you require support in managing your trip to the course destination, we can provide you with information or arrangement. Travel management will be done by third party service providers and any discount will not apply on travel expenses.